The benefits of doing business in the Town of Bluffton range from a pro-business governmental culture to the town’s high-quality of life as it values you and your business. An active real estate market helps meet the needs of relocating or expanding business, while substantial annual capital investment trends highlight the area's consistently strong business conditions. These factors, combined with the area's other key strengths, help give business in Bluffton a true competitive edge.
A Strong Case for the Lowcountry:
- South Carolina ranked 4th in the “Top 10 Pro-Business States.” SC is recognized as a leader by national and international business organizations.
- Beaufort County is the second fastest growing county in SC
- No state property tax and one of the lowest corporate income tax rates in the Southeast
Strengths of Economic Base:
- Locational proximity between two major ports in Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia
- Desirable and convenient geographic location
- Located within the Aerospace Corridor of the Southeast
- Strong base of healthcare and hospitality industries
- A growing diversity of new business startups
- Community of defense contracting businesses
- Executives attracted to Lowcountry environment and lifestyle
- Three military installations including the Marine Corps Air Station with the addition of F-35 operations and training facilities
- Strong available transitioning military workforce
Business Climate and Costs:
- Positive real estate market
- Affordable cost of physical infrastructure, property and utilities
- Investments being made in developing industrial parks, larger scale business parks, and distribution facilities in the region
- Attractive property tax incentives.
- Assistance available for job training