The Municipal Court is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment for judicial services and an unbiased climate for the Town’s citizens. They are also responsible for the adjudication and disposition of misdemeanor violations (i.e. criminal, traffic, ordinances, parking violations) occurring within Bluffton Town limits.
Court sessions are held every Tuesday.
In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and the resulting concern for the health and safety of the public and court employees, you will have the option to attend court using remote communication technology. A check-in station will be set up for all persons entering the courtroom. You will be screened and required to wear a protective mask while in the courtroom as required by the order of the Chief Justice dated July 30, 2020. Defendants will have the opportunity to speak to the officer concerning their ticket.
Defendants are encouraged to contact the court office before their court date for information regarding reductions in fines, diversionary programs, and providing proof of registration, insurance, or driver’s license.
- Judge Clifford Bush III, Chief Municipal Court Judge
- Marshall Horton, Associate Municipal Court Judge
- Africa Aiken, Ministerial Recorder
Right to Counsel
Any person charged with an offense that carries the possibility of a sentence of incarceration can apply for the services of a Public Defender. Services for Indigent Defense is provided by the 14th Circuit Public Defender’s Office, Attorney David Bartholomew (843)255-5824. If you wish to apply for the services of the Public Defender please pick up an application from Bluffton Municipal Court 20 Bridge Street Bluffton SC. Please return the completed form to the Beaufort County Clerk of Court, 102 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC 29902.
- Where is the Municipal Court located?
- Where should I mail my payment?
- What tender types are accepted?
- How do I pay a fine?
- How do I update the Court with my new address?
- How do I request a reschedule?
- Will I be able to request a payment plan?
- How do I request a Jury Trial?
- How do I request a certified copy of a disposition?